1. Collection of information about you
powerfulwomen.ca collects information for its business directory, listings, ad placements, article submissions and magazine subscriptions from information that you submit when you fill out one of our forms. Information for the directory listings may also be collected from publicly available sources and from businesses themselves. powerfulwomen.ca will not otherwise collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent.
2. How we use your information
The information about you or your business collected through our directory “List Your Business” form is used to provide you with a business profile and to provide a business listing in our directory that customers may use to contact you. By submitting information to our website?s directory you agree that this information may be listed in the directory on our website.
Information provided by you through any of our contact forms is collected to enable us to contact you regarding ad placements, article submissions and suggestions, magazine subscriptions or any other advertising opportunities and services we offer. Information provided by magazine advertisers and authors through our contact forms may also be used to add a profile and business listing to our website’s directory.
3. When will we contact you?
When you fill out one of our contact forms, we will attempt to contact you within two business days of receiving your information to verify your ad placement, article submission or magazine subscription. From time to time we may also contact you at the email or other address which you provide to us in order to:
- Remind you that your magazine subscription is due for renewal
- Remind you that your magazine or website ad is due for renewal
- Request another article or topic suggestion for our magazine
- Provide you with updated information about our website
- Provide you with news or other information about advertising opportunities and services which may be of interest to you
If you are receiving promotional information about powerfulwomen.ca and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may email us at listings (AT) powerfulwomen (DOT) ca and ask to be removed from our mailing list or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communication. Please allow 2 weeks for this request to be processed.
4. Accessing the information we keep about you
Any information held in our website directory’s database can be seen in our website’s business directory. You are welcome to check if we hold any other personal information about you by e-mailing us at listing (AT) powerfulwomen (DOT) ca . Our record of your information will be made available to you within 2 weeks.
5. Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change a listing that is inaccurate or out of date, then:
- if you added the information yourself you can login and change your information
- if we added the information without your knowledge, email us at listing (AT) powerfulwomen (DOT) ca with the correct information and we will change it for you or request removal of the complete listing
Please allow 2 weeks for your profile to be updated.
6. Storage and security of your personal information
powerfulwomen.ca will do its best to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We do not store any credit card information.
7. powerfulwomen.ca and links to other websites
powerfulwomen.ca provides links to websites outside of the powerfulwomen.ca service. These linked sites are not under the control of powerfulwomen.ca, and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website.
8. What to do if you have a problem or question
9. Future changes